- Questions about the inheritance law and property inheritance in Turkey
- Questions about the Real estate residence permit in Turkey
- Turkish Citizenship Questions
What is the cost of obtaining a real estate residence in Turkey?
The costs of applying for a real estate residence permit in Turkey are simple and easy, as they are limited to health insurance whose value varies according to the age group, and some other fees.
What are the advantages of real estate residence permit in Turkey?
Among the most important advantages of real estate residence permit:
- The landlord and his/her family members have the right to enjoy all residence permit rights in Turkey, and allow the entry to Turkey without visas or prior security clearances.
- Real estate residence permit (residence in Turkey by buying a real estate) is similar to the tourist residence permit in several aspects, but the real estate residence permit is considered stronger in terms of renewability and the granted duration.
- Opening a bank account in one of the Turkish banks, and enjoying the freedom of banking and receiving and sending money.
- The possibility of applying to an embassy of another country from inside Turkey to obtain its visa.
- You can apply for a Turkish driver’s license.
- The right to own a private car in Turkey.
- An opportunity to obtain medical insurance in Turkey’s hospitals.
- Registration in Turkish schools and universities.
- Holders of real estate residence permit are also entitled to apply for Turkish citizenship if their real estate property value reaches 250 thousand USD and within specific conditions.
What is the real estate residence permit in Turkey?
In short, it is a renewable residence permit, granted to foreigners who own real estate or properties in Turkey. Real estate residence permit (residence in Turkey by buying a property) is usually granted for one year, also the wife and children under the age of 18 are entitled to obtain residence permits as they are considered to be the escorts of the owner.
What law is applied to the inheritance of the foreigner in Turkey?
The Turkish law is applied when dealing with the ownership of a real estate that falls within the borders of the Turkish Republic.
How to get Turkish citizenship?
Turkish citizenship can be obtained through real estate investment with more than $250 thousand in Turkey, along with a pledge not to sell the property for 3 years.
What are the conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship?
- Buying a property in Turkey from a Turkish citizen or from a Turkish legal person (such as buying from Turkish real estate company).
- The property must have a statutory title deed (a title deed must be issued to it) even if it is still under construction.
- The price of the property is more than 250 thousand USD.
- Paying the price of the property through a bank transfer from a bank outside or inside Turkey.
- The buyer pledges not to sell the property for 3 years.
How long does it take to obtain nationality in Turkey?
The duration of obtaining Turkish citizenship for investors may take up to 90 days to complete all legal and statutory procedures and approvals.
What is the property inheritance law in Turkey?
It is a law applied to the legal heirs of immovable property within the Turkish territory, which determines the heirs and their specific legal shares of the estate.
In general, movable property is subject to the inheritance laws of the country that the deceased owner holds its nationality, while the Turkish law is applied regarding immovable property and real estate.
The inheritance tax in Turkey is relatively low, it varies depending on the value of the investor’s property, where a lower percentage tax is deducted as the property price gets lower.
Is the property inherited in Turkey?
Of course, real estate in Turkey is transferred from the deceased to the heirs according to Turkish law.